So our OB has given me a new nickname..."Rapid Fire"...and it's quite an accurate description of Bryce's birth!
Bryce Thomas Griffin arrived Wednesday morning at 3am weighing 6 lbs 8 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long!
First family picture...including "Lucy Dog" (not to be confused with Lucy THE dog)
Tuesday evening I was laying on the couch watching TV when I felt a strange pop. I quickly forgot it and decided it was time to get up for a snack and then discovered that my water had broken. This was a bit surprising as I had not been feeling an contractions and was only 37 1/2 weeks. So we called the dr and proceeded to the hospital. By the time we got settled into the room about 11pm I could feel the contractions but they weren't painful. However, things quickly turned and by around 1am things were beginning to hurt. By 2:30 they were getting unbearable and since I was 5cm already, the nurse ordered the epideral. The anesthesiologist arrived 25 minutes later and as he was prepping me the pain was awful and my body started to push. The nurse checked and sure enough, it was go time and I was going to have to do it on my own! The nurse paged the doctor and more nurses and everyone came racing in and after only about 2-3 minutes of pushing, Bryce arrived! So much for my calm, drugged-up, no-drama plan for a delivery! It was absolute chaos and according to the nurse, the second-fastest labor she had ever seen! We are still in shock from it as this was so opposite of what we experienced with Morgan.
When I saw the doctor the next day his comment was that if we decide to have any more children, we better race to the hospital at the first sign of labor! I personally think we better also contact TLC's Baby Story and get them to film what is sure to be an extreme birth! At least that way we'll make some money! :)
We are all adjusting well to another one. He's been very easy so far and my recovery has been much easier this time. Morgan is also doing well and likes to see Bryce and asks to hold him. I can tell she's feeling a little uncertain sometimes as to what is happening, but overall has been great.
I'll try and post more pictures soon.

2 comments:
Wonderful news! So glad everything well smoothly despite the speed and chaos. Enjoy your sweet boy!!!
I had no epidural with Skylar and my recovery was much easier too :) Glad things went so well (and so fast!!) Give him big kisses for us. I'm sure you are doing it, but don't forget to take tons of pictures of those first few days....they get big so fast!
Post a Comment