Thursday, October 21, 2010

Relaxed

What everyone says is right. It really is easier the second time around. With Morgan everything was worrisome...is she eating enough, is she pooping enough, how can we get her to sleep better at night, why does she cry so much. With Bryce, well, it's like he has completely different parents! :) I guess I shouldn't speak for Sandy, but I know I'm WAY more relaxed this time around! Sure, there are nuances to be concerned with, but all in all, this is a breeze compared to before.

I took Bryce to the dr a couple days ago and he's now up to 8lbs, 11oz and is 21 inches long at 5 weeks old! He's doing very well for starting out small! The dr said he has "exceptional weight gain." I say he's just exceptional all around. :) He is a great eater and quite the snuggler. He loves to be held tightly and most nights I fall asleep in the chair with him at least once. I suppose I could worry that my holding him is preventing him from learning to fall asleep on his own, but I'm choosing to worry about that later. For now, I'm just enjoying snuggling with my little boy!

Morgan is also doing great! She's a wonderful big sister, likes to help with Bryce's pacifier, brings me the burp cloths, etc. She has adjusted well to waiting her turn when I'm caring for him and we really haven't seen too much regression. I am hoping to start potty training again soon once I get him on a more consistent schedule. We made some efforts this summer, but she didn't do as well as we thought she might so I didn't push her, plus I wasn't ready for all the running to the bathroom...at least not when I was so big! But I do think she's more ready now. If it works, wonderful, but if not, that is ok too. I feel like I have more energy now than when I was 8 months pregnant so we shall see.

Sadly I have not done a very good job of photographing him. But here are a couple recent ones.

Helping me fold the laudry

"smiling"

1 comment:

Heather said...

Look at him grow!! He already looks like a different baby! I'm glad you did one week photos because he has changed SO much!! Look at his sweet little face. Give him kisses for me. Love his "help" folding the laundry. And you snuggle him as much as you want. They are only little once :D