Summer is here! Back in May I decided that if it was this hot already, it was time to get the kids a pool. So off we went to our local Kmart in search of an all-plastic kiddie pool. (I refuse to buy the inflatable kind again...those don't survive us.) Morgan asks to play in it just about every day and Bryce loves to be in it as long as Morgan doesn't splash him in the face. Apparently even Lucy likes it as I discovered one morning when I let her out while we were having breakfast.
We've also been spending lots of time drawing. I think of all the activities she does, this is Morgan's favorite. She has these special window markers that she colors with whenever I am getting dinner ready. If you look closely you can see that she drew her family. Daddy is the big white one at the top, I am the blue one, Bryce is red, and she is orange. She often will draw Lucy too, and usually adds white clouds in the sky and green grass. (I laughed yesterday because she also drew Bryce's rash...I guess we talk about his allergy issues alot around here!)
Occasionally other things get colored as well. I had a really hard time not laughing when she walked in the room to show me this masterpiece.
Bryce is a busy boy as he has perfected sitting and is working on crawling. He loves his Noah's Ark animals along with anything that rattles or makes noise. (You may notice his nose is a little orange in the second picture...that would be carrots, his favorite food.)
And here are a couple pics of the kids with our friends Fred and Reneea who visited us this past weekend.
We also were finally able to put Morgan's big girl bed together. We had to special order the rails to match her convertable crib so it took awhile to get them, but I think the end result was worth the wait! Now I need to figure out what to put above her bed...I'm thinking maybe her name.











2 comments:
Where do you find window markers?! Those are pretty cool!! :)
Love her new bed!! They have wood letters at Michaels that you can paint and hang pretty easily. Also, I've seen people buy small canvases and do one letter on each. That's a cute idea too! She looks thrilled :)
Good to see Fred and Renea too!
crayola makes them and they are great! I actually do have some letters I had in her nursery, i'm just trying to decide if i like the font for her big girl room
Post a Comment