Dear Mysterious Rash,
I'm on to you. You messed with the wrong Mommy!
These last few weeks have been busy with Bryce. On his 4-month birthday he came down with RSV and we spent countless hours monitoring his breathing and giving him treatments. A week later he broke out in a rash on his chest and back that eventually spread down his arms and legs. My first fear was peanuts so I cut that out for a few days but nothing improved. His doctor put him on round-the-clock Benadryl for 48 hours and although it calmed his outbreaks once they appeared, they still occurred and appeared to be just as bad. So whatever it is, he is coming into contact with it very frequently.
Today we are rewashing all his clothes and blankets in Dreft and I am continuing to monitor what I'm eating to hopefully see a pattern. We are also going to the allergist this coming Thursday for allergy testing. I'm thankful they could get us in so quickly as it appears we may be dealing with multiple allergies.
Poor little guy has had a tough month! BUT, he is still acting just as happy as can be, has started rolling over, and wants desperately to sit up! He's 13lbs, 8oz now.


1 comment:
Poor baby! He still looks so precious and tiny!! :)
Remember Skylar's rash? Turns out she was allergic to dryer sheets, even though it didn't show on the allergy test.
That's one of the reasons we switched everything to Melaleuca products. I got tired of trying to figure out what was touching their skin and irritating it.
Hope you get some answers soon!
Post a Comment